Save yourself hours of work and use our data enrichment to gather data that thoroughly describes your products!
Do I need data enrichment? When selling new products, eCommerce teams often receive little product information from manufacturers and suppliers, which can make describing products and writing quality product content difficult and time-consuming. With our data enrichment feature, you can easily pull product information from the web into Describely, enhancing your data so you can write complete, detailed product content in minutes.
In this article
Identify products to enrich
How does Describely determine which products need enrichment? After your import is complete, we'll check if the existing product information (across all fields like title, keywords, etc.) thoroughly describes the product enough to generate a quality description. If not, we're here to help!
- At the top of your catalog, you'll see a banner telling you how many products have minimal information that we recommend enriching. These products will show as Recommended in the Enrichment column of your catalog.
Note: If you don't see the banner, you most likely have imported some descriptive product information already. For better quality content, you can still use data enrichment to further enhance your product content by following these steps.
- To see all of your products recommended for data enrichment, click the Filter button on the top left and filter to Recommended.
You can also use the filter later to reference which products have already been enriched.
- Click the Enhance [#] product(s) button on the banner to run data enrichment. If you prefer, click into each product to manually add more product details.
Run data enrichment in bulk
Important: Currently, you can only run data enrichment on up to 200 products at a time. If needed, complete additional runs to enrich all the products you need.
- Select the Catalogs tab on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on your catalog.
- On the top right, click the Bulk Actions button.
- Select the products whose data you'd like to enrich and click the blue Data Enrichment button.
- Check the box(es) next to each field you'd like to use. Describely will use the information you've imported for these fields to search the web and enrich your data.
Note: Currently, you can enrich product data with an existing product title, SKU, keywords, or type (also known as category). You may not have all of these, and that's okay! Searching by additional fields may improve data quality.
6. Edit the generation name if you'd like.
7. Optional: At the bottom of the window, enter any preferred website domain to exclusively pull information from (for example, a manufacturer's direct site).
Tip: Make sure to only enter the site's domain starting at www. (do not include https:// or the full web path). E.g. www.describely.ai
8. Click the Start Data Enrichment button to be brought back to the main catalog page while the bulk job processes.
Important: Out of data enrichment credits? Consider purchasing a data enrichment power-up.
Review your enriched data
- Once the data enrichment is ready for review, you will see a notification on the top right. Click on this alert or the Bulk Jobs button to view your bulk job history.
- Locate the pending bulk job, which will be in a Ready For Review status.
- Check the box next to each product you'd like to approve data for and click Approve Selected. The enriched data will be applied to these products and used in your next bulk generation.
Note: The Enrichment status for these products will change to Enriched.
- If any, check the box next to each product you'd like to decline data for and click Decline Selected. These products' data will not be changed.
Can I edit data before applying it to my products? Absolutely! To edit the generated content, hover over and click on the generation's text. Make your changes and save as a draft if needed. When you're ready, click the Approve button to apply the data to your products.
Voila! Your product data has been enriched and you're ready to generate product descriptions in bulk.
Tip: To easily filter and generate content for your enriched products, click the Filter button on the top left and under Enrichment, select Enriched.
- For best results, enter a specific website to pull data from (such as the manufacturer's website). Describely will exclusively pull in data from this domain.
- Make sure the website entered is public (not private or blocked).
- Ensure that all products have globally identifiable numbers like GTIN, ISBN, model numbers, or SKUs. This will help pull in relevant data for each product.
Tip: If you sell products from multiple manufacturers or suppliers, try running data enrichment in batches, one supplier at a time. That way you can enter each manufacturer's website for their associated products.
Important: This feature is in beta and may not work for all products. If you have any questions or feedback, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.